YOSA Rising Star Fellows
YOSA Rising Star Fellows is a unique program that provides intensive support to promising young African American, Latino, and Native American musicians from 25 zip codes in San Antonio with the lowest median income. Four ninth-graders become Rising Star Fellows each year and go on to receive support through all four years of high school.
* To identify gifted young musicians of Latino, African American, and Native American heritage living in 25 San Antonio zip codes with the lowest median annual income.
* To provide those young musicians intensive resources so they build the knowledge, skills, and support networks to enable them to attend top universities and/or music conservatories.
* To improve the socioeconomic potential of the Fellows by investing in their musical and academic success.
* To diversify the talent pipeline for American orchestras and classical music.
* YOSA Orchestra tuition (school year program)
* YOSA Summer Symphony Camp tuition (summer program)
* Weekly private lessons with professional musician (year-round)
* Travel stipend for lessons and rehearsals (year-round)
* Meal stipend for lessons and rehearsals (year-round)
* Concert attire (clothing, shoes, etc.)
* Stipends for instrument repairs, sheet music purchases, and other music accessories
* Travel, lodging, and meals for college visits and auditions
* Mentoring from professional musician of similar ethnic heritage
* Flexibility from YOSA Staff to fit the needs of each Fellow and their families
* Full scholarship for a YOSA International Tour
* Travel, lodging, and meals for nationally known summer music camps