Hands-on help for YOSA
YOSA welcomes volunteers for events and projects that support our work for young musicians across San Antonio. If you’d like to be involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. YOSA depends on our parents who help prepare mailings as their young musicians rehearse. These are usually announced in the weekly email . . . but if you see a mountain of envelopes at a rehearsal, we invite you to join the stuffing, stamping, and conversation that takes place. In addition, YOSA needs your help for special events.
1. Stop! And Feel the Music Every October, the pop-up orchestra returns for a fundraising event. The event runs from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. YOSA needs people who can:
- Find silent auction items
- Set up Silent Auction table
- Direct parking the night of the event
- Welcome visitors
- “Spot” bidders during live auction
- Help close silent auction
2. YOSA Rehearsals and Concerts
- Production Assistants–Help with logistics of organizing chairs, stands, and other equipment needed for concerts and rehearsals. You will be working with a great group of people and almost everything is on wheels.
- Rehearsal Monitors–YOSA parents to remain posted inside the rehearsal room to help keep an eye on things and serving as point of contact for the conductor or staff to help make sure the rehearsal runs smoothly.
Year-round volunteer opportunities with YOSA include:
- Office assistance (work in the YOSA office during regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Music mentors (help with rehearsals as requested by conductors)
If you would like to volunteer directly with YOSA, please send your questions about volunteer opportunities to email@example.com or call the YOSA office at (210) 737-0097. Or click here to volunteer with YOSA through SA2020!